Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Taiwan: Feeling Right at Home in a Homestay

Feeling Right at Home in a Homestay in Taiwan

It has been a while since I updated my blog last time. I also wanted to write about Chinese New Year here in Taiwan but I guess I was so busy traveling and spending too much time on eating so I did not have time to organize my photos yet...

Well, today I'd like to recommend those of you who want to come travel in Taiwan about where to stay. Not a hotel, not a hostel, not a motel or even a resort but it is a homestay where could offer you more than just traveling experience.

What I found it interesting when I traveled here is that in Taiwan, they prefer to stay in a homestay when they go for a trip somewhere.

For me the word "Homestay" means the time spent with foreign family or staying at somebody's home in a foreign family. But in Taiwan, homestays are Taiwan's version of the bed and breakfast. It is a great way to meet Taiwan's friendly people.

Not only meeting local people but what some homestay offers you is a cheaper price with even better quality than hotels.Another benefit is that most homestays are run by long-time residents of an area who can offer tips on attractions that are off the beaten path.

Why I introduce you about the homestay here is that I have experienced by myself. Even though I am not a guest but what I can feel is how friendly the people are and I believe that every guest who stays here would feel the same way even just for a few days.

I was with Jamie, our little guide today who showed me around her family's homestay.

--Jamie--Our little guide

In front of the homestay's restaurant is decorated with a colorful hand made mail box.

Another Building of the homestay

The homestay is modern designed with very cozy atmosphere. It offers you a great view and fresh air up on the mountain.

Here are some photos of the homestay...



Here is my favorite corner. Looking through the window on a sunny day would leave whatever in your mind behind and that's how you can feel relax... :)









It is interesting that the concept of homestay in Taiwan was new about a decade ago but it has caught on fast and Taiwan offers so many homstays right now so why don't you want to try to experience a unique culture of this country.

Check out this homestay website here www.130.com.tw for more pictures. If you have a chance to come by Jiang Ma Yuen (Ginger Garden) in the middle of Sanyi and Dahu, drop by here and will see you!



No comments:

Post a Comment