Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Taiwan: Jiang ma yuen

Let me introduce you to Jiang Ma Yuen

or "Ginger Garden" in English.

Before I came to Taiwan, I tried to search some information about Jiang Ma Yuen but they all were in Chinese so I think it would be nice if I am able to introduce this place to whoever want to come here and want to experience something that you should not be missed during your stay here in Taiwan.

Jiang Ma Yuen is located at the intersection of Tahu, Sanyi and Tungluo townships.

"Ginger Garden" already explains itself what this place is famous for. Of course ginger!
You don't have to be a ginger lover, I bet you will love the ginger products here.
I, myself, barely ate ginger but coming here drinking ginger tea, ginger milk or eating any kind of food with ginger just made me love it!

This place is also very famous for its strawberry. If you are here during new year or in the first few months of the year, pay a visit here to pick up some strawberries in the fields up on the mountain with a breathtaking view.

With the higher elevation area on the mountain, GInger garden creates its own market segment to its counterparts in the plain area by offering sweeter strawberries thanks to its purer water source and temperature differences between day and night and the longer strawberry season because of its lower average temperature.

I think I have to go take some photos of the strawberry fields now. Today I only have some of the scenery photos that I took from different places in Jiang Ma Yuen.






Here is some info. of how to get here...

Exit No. 1 National Expressway from Miaoli interchange. Taking Tai-Six Provincial Highway, passing Kungkuan and Wenshui and turn in to Tai-Three Provincial Highway southbound. After Tahu approaching Lilin Primary School, get on No. 130 County Road just beside. This road takes you up to Ginger Garden. Keep driving west takes you to Sanyi. If you exit No. 1 National Expressway from Sanyi interchange, follow Tai-Thirteen Provincial Highway northbound. It takes you to No. 130 County Road after passing Sanyi’s Woodcraft Street.

It's cold here...
Even in the height of summer heat, it will still be quite cool in the mountains, particularly at the lookout when mountain breezes come. A light jacket will come in handy especially staying overnight at the hostels located in 800-meter high mountain areas, where fog and winds frequent.

See you in Jiang Ma Yuen!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment